- MEGAWAVE Records MEGW
- International DJ and longstanding
producer and musician Mechial White is The
Groovematist. His debut CD, Grooveology, is primarily
an instrumental mix of many contemporary jazz, ambient rhythm,
R&B, and dance-chill influences. With featured artists John
E. Lawrence on guitar and Rick Roe on piano, this
Michigan native has drawn on his Ann Arbor roots and connections.
This set includes a new arrangement of Summer Nights, built on
John E. Lawrence's hit of the same title.
- For bookings of The Groovematist,
please contact us at email@example.com
or call 734-426-8446.
- Grooveology: The
- groove [groov]:
- 1. a state of mind.
- 2. a science of movement.
- 3. a way of life.
- 4. a natural stimulation of
- ology [ol - uh - jee]: the
study of any science or branch of knowledge.
- All music and lyrics written, arranged,
programmed, performed, and produced by
- The Groovematist, Mechial E. White,
Jr., except where indicated.
- Mastered by John Palmer at
- Photography by David Meyer.
- Track 1: Grooveology
- Ever since I can remember, I've had
these grooves in my head. What makes this
- track especially significant is that it
features my good friends, Rick Roe, soloing on
- piano, and John E. Lawrence on guitar.
Female voice: Claire S. Taylor.
- Track 2: Brooklyn
- This track is inspired by my first trip
to New York City. From the moment I
- entered the cab at the airport, the
music began. For the most part, I composed it
- during cab and subway rides throughout
Brooklyn, Manhattan and Harlem. This
- track is graced by John E. Lawrence, on
- Track 3: Passion
- This groove describes the storm that
happens when two people share passion.
- Track 4: Ponder
- The song depicts a journey of thought.
- Track 5: Remember
- This is a reflection of family and
friends getting together at a backyard barbeque.
- This track also features John E.
Lawrence on guitar. Conversation (beginning):
- The Groovematist, Damon
- Track 6: Endless
- This piece describes a timeless
commitment of love between two people.
- Originally, this groove was composed by
Demetrios Michos. He let me play with it.
- Back vocals: The Groovematist,
André and Lexi Harris.
- Track 7:
- This is what every man needs. My cousin
André Harris co-wrote this groove.
- Spanish-speaking female: Lexi Harris.
Back vocals: The Groovematist, André and
- Lexi Harris, Claire S.
- Track 8: Dream Pod
- The dreampod is a fictional vessel
that's propelled through time and space that
- transports and delivers dreams to all
that have them. Solo guitar by John E.
- Lawrence. Back vocals: The
Groovematist, Elizabeth Mahaylo.
- Track 9: Summer
- Originally this groove was composed by
John E. Lawrence and he let me play with it.
- Solo guitar by John E. Lawrence. Back
vocals: The Groovematist.
- Track 10: The Waite
- If you've ever been apart from someone,
there's a melody that forms that may help
- you endure the wait.
- Thank You's
- I would like to thank the Creator of
all life, for the gift of hearing music.
- I would like to thank my Mother,
Sandra, and my Father, Mechial, for their passion
- storm. A special thanks to Mom for her
example of strength. To my daughter,
- Denice: thank you for your presence.
You inspire me to be a better man. Love to
- all my family that I don't often get to
see - you are always in my thoughts.
- Thank you Adrian Pittman at Podwerx for
my new symbol (The Groovematist logo)
- and David Meyer for all of the
photography. Thank you to John Palmer and
- Megawave Records for getting their
groove on with The Groovematist. A special
- mention to everyone who played in the
groove lab: I appreciate your skills and
- contributions. And to everyone else who
has ever provoked thought and energy in
- me. The list is endless.
- To everyone who feels the groove, the
music on this CD has left room
- for you to solo your own
instrumentation. Get your groove on.
MEGAWAVE Home Page
with questions or comments about this page.
updated February 25, 2013.
is a registered trademark of Megawave
rights reserved. © 2007-2013 Megawave Corporation, Lansing,